North Carolina Experience
It’s said the Pinehurst area is the “Home of American Golf.” It’s where you’ll find the fabled Pinehurst No. 2, one of 50+ courses Donald Ross designed in North Carolina. The Brunswick Islands offer 30+ courses, and the mountains tee up jaw-dropping views and cool temps in summer months.
In 2019, out of nearly 600 golf courses throughout North Carolina, courses in the Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Aberdeen area earned 17 spots in the list of Top 100 Golf Courses in the state, as determined annually by the North Carolina Golf Panel. Once again, Pinehurst No. 2 tops the list — as has been the case since the panel was founded in 1995.
According to GolfDigest, here are the 25 best golf courses in North Carolina:
1 . Wade Hampton G.C., Cashiers.
2. Pinehurst Resort (No. 2).
3. Diamond Creek G.C., Banner Elk.
4. Old Town Club, Winston-Salem.
5. Eagle Point G.C., Wilmington.
6. Mountaintop G. & Lake Club, Cashiers.
7. Quail Hollow Club, Charlotte.
8. Grandfather G. & C.C., Linville.
9. Charlotte C.C..
10. Forest Creek G.C. (North), Pinehurst.
11. Roaring Gap Club.
12. Dormie Club, West End.
13. Tobacco Road G.C., Sanford.
14. Linville Ridge C.C..
15. Champion Hills Club, Hendersonville.
16. Sedgefield C.C., Greensboro.
17. C.C. Of North Carolina (Dogwood), Pinehurst.
18. Forest Creek G.C. (South), Pinehurst.
19. Pinehurst Resort (No. 8).
20. Biltmore Forest C.C., Asheville.
21. Pine Needles Lodge & G.C., Southern Pines.
22. The Cliffs At Walnut Cove, Arden.
23. Mid Pines Inn & G.C., Southern Pines.
24. Old North State Club, New London.
25. Treyburn C.C., Durham.