e Our Mission
At Gator Tours LLC, we proudly serve golfers, corporations, and charities. The company was created in 1985 to bring like minds together. Our goal is to form a global network of golfing enthusiasts. Gator Tours experts plan golf tours and tournaments around the globe. We offer everything from corporate retreats to charitable causes. Our low prices and an extensive network of contacts, are setting us apart from the competition. So we ensure a quality return on your Experience. Above all, Gator Tours staff knows first hand the value and importance of a quality golfing Experience. In short, we have what is needed to give you a superb golfing experience at affordable prices.
Gator Tours focus on golf tours worldwide. Also, we organize escorted tours, non-escorted tours, corporate golf outings and golf tournaments for charity. Furthermore, the company recently expanded its portfolio in the USA, Mexico and European countries: France, Portugal, Czech Republic, etc. In addition, Gator Tours also has access to Asia.
Gator Tours’ primary charity focus is raising funds for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) research and therapy.
Our owner, Tom “Gator” Gates, is a disabled veteran who served two combat tours in Southeast Asia. Thereafter, he served 20 years in federal law enforcement. Above all, he has been organizing golf tournaments and golf outings for more than 30 years. Also, Tom has raised millions of dollars for charitable causes, primarily for military veterans and their families.
Tom served several years as Chairman of the Tampa Bay Birdies for the Brave or B4B. B4B is a project started by Phil and Amy Mickelson for the PGA Tour. As of now, he is currently Chairman Emeritus.
Mr. Gates was inducted into the Florida Veteran Hall Of Fame in November 2017.
- Florida Veterans Hall of Fame Society Board of Directors
- Chairman Emeritus Birdies for the Brave Tampa Bay Foundation (Non Profit) (PGA Tour Charities Group)
- Student Affairs Advisory Board Member – University of South Florida (USF)
- Veteran Affairs Advisory Board Member (USF)
- Tillman Scholarship Selection Committee Member (USF)
- Copperhead Charities (Non Profit) (Board of Directors) (Valspar PGA Championship)
- ART International Training and Research (Non Profit) (Executive Board of Directors)
- Veteran Building Initiative (USF) (Advisory Board)
- Colonel – Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels
- Veterans Alternative (Non Profit) (Board of Directors – Chairman);
- VFW Life Member
- NRA Member
- American Legion Life Member.