At Gator Tours LLC we proudly serve golfers, corporations, and charities. Gator Tours was conceptualized in 1985 to bring like minds together and form a global network of golfing professionals. Our experts plan golf tours and tournaments across the globe for everything from corporate retreats to charitable causes. We’re set apart by our low prices and an extensive network of contacts that helps us ensure a quality return on your investment. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff knows first hand the value and importance of a quality golfing experience. If you are serious about golfing, we have what you need to give you a superb golfing experience at first-rate prices.
Gator Tours is a small business, set apart from our competitors by the quality of our services and our years of industry experience. We focus on golf tours in Ireland, Scotland and England. We organize escorted tours, non-escorted tours, corporate golf outings and golf tournaments for charity.
Gator Tours’ primary charity focus is raising funds for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) research and therapy.
Our owner, Tom “Gator” Gates, is a disabled veteran having served two combat tours in Southeast Asia, thereafter, serving 20 years in federal law enforcement. He has been organizing golf tournaments and golf outings for more than 30 years having raised millions of dollars for charitable causes, primarily for military veterans and their families.
Tom served several years as Chairman of the Tampa Bay Birdies for the Brave project started by Phil and Amy Mickelson for the PGA Tour. He is currently Chairman Emeritus.
Mr. Gates was inducted into the Florida Veteran Hall Of Fame in November 2017.
- Chairman Emeritus Birdies for the Brave Tampa Bay Foundation (Non Profit) (PGA Tour Charities Group)
- Student Affairs Advisory Board Member – University of South Florida (USF)
- Veteran Affairs Advisory Board Member (USF)
- Tillman Scholarship Selection Committee Member (USF)
- Copperhead Charities (Non Profit) (Board of Directors) (Valspar PGA Championship)
- ART International Training and Research (Non Profit) (Executive Board of Directors)
- Veteran Building Initiative (USF) (Advisory Board)
- Veterans Alternative (Non Profit) (Board of Directors – Chairman);
- Colonel – Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels
- VFW Life Member
- NRA Member
- American Legion Life Member.